Friday, April 14, 2006

Opening night movies

There are 2 movies I want to see on opening night this year. Sorry, but X-men 3 isn't among them. Number 2 was great, and I love the character of Hank McCoy. He reminds me so much of everything I want to be. But I think the curse of the hype has bitten me already on that movie and I know it won't get any better. The hype that is. Anyway, I'm tangenting..
The first movie is Silent Hill. The movie plot looks very similar to the first video game, but instead of the father, its the mom looking for her daughter. I'm afraid that it will be Hollywoodized, but so far it looks good, as opposed to almost every other video game made movie. See also, Doom, Resident Evil. However, my love for the game series gives me faith.
The second movie is Snakes on a Plane starring Samuel L. Jackson as an F.B.I. member guarding a mafia informant on a flight to testify. An assassin turns loose a "slither" of snakes while on the flight. The movie title has garnered so much attention that it is the sole reason Samuel agreed to the part. In fact, whenever the company making it changed the title, it was quickly changed back. To learn more about the bizarre history of this bizarre film, visit www.wikipedia.com and search Snakes on a plane or www.snakesonablog.com This sounds just so odd that I have to see it. Greg Dean from Real Life is excited too apparently as S.o.a.P. recently made a reference in one of his comics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home