Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Reunited!!



That is The Fairyland Story. When I was a kid, mom and I stayed at a hotel that had this game and the Willow arcade game. The Willow Arcade game is shocking hard, so I played a lot of Fairyland Story. I loved it and almost beat it. However, I never made it back to that hotel and the name of the game was lost in obscurity over the years. Much like a summer romance, I thought we'd never meet again, but...but....DESTINY INTERVENED!!

Yesterday I purchased Taito Arcade Classics 2 on a whim and one of the 35 games listed was "The Fairyland Story." Turns out I suck at it now, but I'm working on getting better again. GLEE!!

3 Comments:

At 4:19 PM, Blogger PenguinSushi said...

haha! awesome, man!

~PS

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Patrick C said...

I don't know that I ever played The Fairyland Story, but I sure remember the Willow game! You're right about it being really tough; I seem to recall that many I hurled many a quarter into it without actually ever getting very far.

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger The Llama said...

Yeah. Willow was a beast of a game. I barely remmeber it, but I remember the wizard crying over your body if you died...I think. Oh and being able to play as Mad Martigan. That was cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home